how to activate workflow-details form customization?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henrikr
Active Member II

how to activate workflow-details form customization?

Based on Jeff Potts excellent tutorials on how to create workflows,
https://ecmarchitect.com/alfresco-developer-series-tutorials/workflow/tutorial/tutorial.html
I have after a couple of months I have circled back and tried to modify the workflow details form, however, I cannot seem to achieve ANY change. At all. Every attempt I've made so far to make the workflow-details change by adding a form in share-config-custom.xml has failed. First I tried modifying my own workflows I've made, and I also made a post on stack-overflow asking for help, but there I felt that the only people responding were giving me copy-pasted entries from the documentation, which in itself might help someone, but since I'm doing everything right as far as I can see, I couldn't see what I was doing wrong, and neither could I get a proper answer pointing out the difference. Now, my post there is dead.

So, my next step was to start over from scratch. I went through the tutorial and quickly implemented the HelloWorldUI workflow and got it working, and then I did the following in an attempt to change the workflow details form:

1. I copied the original form used in share-config-custom.xml for this workflow 
2. I added the copied form inside a new config tag:
<config evaluator="task-type" condition="scwf:submitHelloWorldTask" replace="true">

3. I modified the <form> tag to include id="workflow-details"
4. I changed some of the <show> tags to <hide> tags and removed their corresponding <appearance><field> tags.

And yet, no change. I've looked for any additional requirements out there for it to work, but the instructions are sparse.
Anyone experienced or of the core Alfresco team out there who could give a thorough answer to what might be wrong? Smiley Happy

2 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: how to activate workflow-details form customization?

<config evaluator="task-type" condition="scwf:submitHelloWorldTask" replace="true">

In above configuration , "scwf:submitHelloWorldTask" task should be start task type,which mean it should be the task which is of startTask in bpmn file.If you add your bpmn file/diagram i can tell you what should be the value of it ,if you are not able to understand.

henrikr
Active Member II

Re: how to activate workflow-details form customization?

I tried using several values, to no avail. scwf:submitHelloWorldTask is a child of bpm:startTask.

Here is the model file (copied straight off):
https://github.com/jpotts/alfresco-developer-series/blob/master/workflow/workflow-tutorial/workflow-...

Here is the bpmn file (copied straight off):
https://github.com/jpotts/alfresco-developer-series/blob/master/workflow/workflow-tutorial/workflow-...

Also, if one looks in the share-workflow-form-config.xml standard alfresco file, it is clearly visible that id="workflow-details" is used in multiple other task types as well, not just bpm:startTask, so I am a bit skeptic to it being unusable in other tasks. But I might be wrong, since I haven't gotten it to work at all.