Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_almeida
Member II

Is there limit for tags?

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Nowadays, we are storing documents on Alfresco, and an external service uses the APIs to upload documents. The external service has projects that should be related to some documents, these relation is made by tags.

For example, the project named 001, must be related to document A, so the document will have the tag 'project-001', but there's a new project,  002 that should be related to the same document A, so document A will have another tag 'project-002' and so on.

However, it's easy to notice that the tags only will increase, it's already working like this, but my concern is, is there a limit for tags, or some performance issues?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sim2487
Active Member II

Re: Is there limit for tags?

Jump to solution

As per my knowledge, there is no limit of creation of tags. but the performance of your Alfresco instances can be affected if you have excessively large number of tags. However, the maximum number of tags displayed will be 1000. To increase the value, update the prop “solr.query.maximumResultsFromUnlimitedQuery” in alfresco-global.properties.

Note, this is a system-wide settings and will therefore increase the maximum results for all queries and *could* affect performance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sim2487
Active Member II

Jump to solution

As per my knowledge, there is no limit of creation of tags. but the performance of your Alfresco instances can be affected if you have excessively large number of tags. However, the maximum number of tags displayed will be 1000. To increase the value, update the prop “solr.query.maximumResultsFromUnlimitedQuery” in alfresco-global.properties.

Note, this is a system-wide settings and will therefore increase the maximum results for all queries and *could* affect performance.

Phoeberose
Member II

Jump to solution

You can managing a large number of tags can become cumbersome and impact the usability of the system. It might be worth exploring alternative approaches, such as using a separate metadata field to associate projects with documents, to avoid excessive tag proliferation and potential performance issues. Follow My Health Login

slotindonesia
Member II

situs slot indonesia

Jump to solution

Currently, there are many sites that promise victory, but none of them show any proof. Only on the site slot indonesia can you prove a sure win

slotindonesia
Member II

Jump to solution

Currently, there are many sites that promise victory, but none of them show any proof. Only on the site slot indonesia can you prove a sure win