Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sai-1411
Active Member II

Issue with bulkfsimport

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I am facing issue with the bulkfsimport where the source directory url is redirecting as shown in image.

The Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 is installed on Ubuntu 22.04 where I am facing this bulkfsimport issue.

Please provide me guidence to solve this issue.bulkfsimport.png

Thanks & Regards

Sai

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fedorow
Senior Member II

Re: iRe: Issue with bulkfsimport

Jump to solution

My gesses, you confused by the source of import. Alfresco bulk import takes files only from the server file system. From the Windows or any other web client you could only start and manage this porcess. In any way the files must be placed on the server. Reffering the documentation:

"The Import directory field is required and indicates the absolute file system directory to load the content and spaces from, in an OS-specific format. Note that this directory must be locally accessible to the server on which the Content Services instance is running. It must either be a local file system or a locally mounted remote file system (mounted using GFS, or similar).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
fedorow
Senior Member II

Re: Issue with bulkfsimport

Jump to solution

In the Source Directory mess linux and windows paths.

The imported files must be in the Ubuntu directory structure. Put/map it on the server and use linux path.

Sai-1411
Active Member II

iRe: Issue with bulkfsimport

Jump to solution

Hi @fedorow 

Thank you for your response

The Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 is installed in Ubuntu Cloud Server but we are accessing the alfresco from windows system and when we try to bulkfsimport from the windows system we are facing this issue can you guide me based on this issue where I want to upload files using bulkfsimport from windows system.

Thanks & Regards

Sai

fedorow
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

My gesses, you confused by the source of import. Alfresco bulk import takes files only from the server file system. From the Windows or any other web client you could only start and manage this porcess. In any way the files must be placed on the server. Reffering the documentation:

"The Import directory field is required and indicates the absolute file system directory to load the content and spaces from, in an OS-specific format. Note that this directory must be locally accessible to the server on which the Content Services instance is running. It must either be a local file system or a locally mounted remote file system (mounted using GFS, or similar).

Sai-1411
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you @fedorow 

I understood the issue.

Thankyou for the guidance.

Mits
Member II

Re: Issue with bulkfsimport

Jump to solution

Yes followed the instructions.. still I get error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Source '/mnt/import' doesn't exist.
	at org.alfresco.repo.bulkimport.impl.AbstractBulkFilesystemImporter.validateSourceIsReadableDirectory(AbstractBulkFilesystemImporter.java:316)
	at org.alfresco.repo.bulkimport.impl.AbstractBulkFilesystemImporter$3.execute(AbstractBulkFilesystemImporter.java:383)
	at org.alfresco.repo.bulkimport.impl.AbstractBulkFilesystemImporter$3.execute(AbstractBulkFilesystemImporter.java:1)

made sure path exist in container linux machine and mapped in yml also from windows

- C:\Users\<<UID>>\AppData\Roaming\Docker\alfresco-installer-main\acs-import-files\asieimport:/mnt/import 

having all the content in windows "asieimport" as specified absolute path folder

Screenshot 2024-09-14 111656.png