Javascript API reference in the new documentation site - Where is the content now ??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plarochette
Customer

Javascript API reference in the new documentation site - Where is the content now ??

Jump to solution

Hi,

Before it was vera easy to find something in documentation site for developpers like javascript API method référence. But now, it's impossible or very difficult to find something :-( It seems that a lot of contents have been remove.

For example, go to documentation root website and type for example, setPermission or setInheritsPermission, ....

NO RESULTS

And with google search, all results have been redirected to V6 documentation root documentation because the old site has been removed.

Please can you tell me if i miss something to access to this important documentation !?? or give back us the old site pleasssse with the search filters and easy navigation without scrolling and srolling...

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Javascript API reference in the new documentation site - Where is the content now ??

Jump to solution

Alfresco is trying hard to move people away from doing in-process extensions, which the JavaScript API (for Repository-tier web scripts or other kinds of scripts) would allow. So it is to be expected that they used the opportunity of revamping the docs site to also trim away some of the documentation they may no longer see as strategically helpful. Old documentation is supposed to be archived in GitHub though I have not checked yet whether that contains the JavaScript API details you are looking for. We may also see 5.2 documentation coming back to the docs site at some time - at least there have been some indications that Alfresco is working on that, due to feed-/pushback, since Alfresco 5.2 is still a fully supported version.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Javascript API reference in the new documentation site - Where is the content now ??

Jump to solution

Alfresco is trying hard to move people away from doing in-process extensions, which the JavaScript API (for Repository-tier web scripts or other kinds of scripts) would allow. So it is to be expected that they used the opportunity of revamping the docs site to also trim away some of the documentation they may no longer see as strategically helpful. Old documentation is supposed to be archived in GitHub though I have not checked yet whether that contains the JavaScript API details you are looking for. We may also see 5.2 documentation coming back to the docs site at some time - at least there have been some indications that Alfresco is working on that, due to feed-/pushback, since Alfresco 5.2 is still a fully supported version.

plarochette
Customer

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Axel. Your posts always helps me in my work.

So it confirms my initial fears, it's not an oversight but it's strategic to prepare the end of Alfresco Share. I can undestand it, but it's difficult for us because all of ours partners and ourselves are note able to follow the pace of the change and evolutions...

We try to plan regular updates of Alfresco but a lot of scripts/webscripts have to be maintened for the service continuity with importants business interconnected applications...

Thanks for the github idea, i haven't thought about it, i'm going to git clone it. It will be more difficult to search but it's a security.

Yes, 5.2 seems to be supported to 02/2022...

Best regards