cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afaust
Master

Re: LDAP sync with multiple subsytems connection timeout

Jump to solution

Is your service only connecting to the LDAP or also processing all the data just like Alfresco would? Also your service is likely not going to exhibit the same behaviour as Alfresco, e.g. Alfresco may have periods where no call is being made to LDAP while the data loaded from the last batch is being processed.

Apart from a verification script, you could also set up a network capturing process to record the exchanges between Alfresco and LDAP (e.g. tcpdump). With that data you could then use Wireshark to analyse the low-level communication behaviour and determine e.g. what side introduces a delay that leads to the timeout.

booltrue
Member II

Jump to solution

Alfresco is configured that the scheduler is synchronizing with ldap all 15min.

I thought the synchronization process will only update the groups and users from ldap ?

The connection timeout occurs only in relation with the synchronization trigger.

My service only synchronizes the groups and users as configured in Alfresco, but not more.

I wanted to figure out, if network or ldap connection errors occur in the synced domain.

booltrue
Member II

Jump to solution

I observed the behaviour for 2 weeks. Sometimes quite stable, but today I got within 9h 10 timeouts.

I am synchronizing all 15 min. What data could be processed a lot that causes the timeouts, specially today ?

The timeout only occurs at one domain. But the domain and network is available due my service gets positive response.

If ldap synchronization is not working several times do I still can login ?? Or only new added users are not synced to Alfresco ?

What more effects does aborted sync have to the functionality of Alfresco ?

Didn't anyone have the same problem before?

If still connecton errors occur I try to figure out by capturing the network traffic.