Multiple DB Connectivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lipsa

Multiple DB Connectivity

Jump to solution

How to define services for establishing connectivity between multiple databases?
Actually, I want to connect my alfresco platform to multiple databases, so that I get the option whether I want to store data in which database.

Is it possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Multiple DB Connectivity

Jump to solution

That is absolutely not possible using the core Alfresco services. All data is always stored in a single database. Otherwise you will not be able to provide transactionality with your operations.

Technically, it is possible to integrate other databases for custom data management, i.e. if you need to retrieve some master data from other systems. But that always requires custom implementation and is not something that is considered "standard extension / customisation".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

That is absolutely not possible using the core Alfresco services. All data is always stored in a single database. Otherwise you will not be able to provide transactionality with your operations.

Technically, it is possible to integrate other databases for custom data management, i.e. if you need to retrieve some master data from other systems. But that always requires custom implementation and is not something that is considered "standard extension / customisation".

lipsa

Jump to solution

Thanks Axel for the help. But can you tell me that how can I perform this custom implementation?

lipsa

Jump to solution

Can you please help me out?