cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCGrzig
Member II

Preview of document doesnt work with large files Alfresco 7.2

Hi,

I have a question about the alfresco transformation server for ACS 7.2. When I run the server using docker and upload a regular .docx, .xls file to it everything works fine.

The problem starts when the file is a bit bigger, for example 8, or 16 MB. It consists in the fact that the server runs indefinitely, making it impossible to generate previews for other files. I have read that it runs a few times, but even after an hour it fails this conversion.

I tried downloading different versions of the transformation server, but it didn't do anything. My question is: Is it possible to make alfresco enable preview creation for larger files?

If not, how can I make the transformation server automatically reset itself if there is such a conversion that goes on indefinitely?

And how can I create limits on the size of uploaded files or possibly make it generate only the first few pages of a document

I also even thought to try to use the onlyoffice server to convert documents, but with version 7.2 the instructions do not work well and you cannot use onlyoffice.

The stated problem is global, because colleagues at work using alfresco also have this problem with transformations and have to, for example, reset the server manually which is unacceptable in my case

I have been struggling with this problem for a month now, please help.

2 Replies
fedorow
Senior Member II

Re: Preview of document doesnt work with large files Alfresco 7.2

Yes, it is possible to make alfresco enable preview creation for larger files.

To manage transformation process look at documentation https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-hub/content-transformation-limits/ba-p/289794

For example, default max size of Word document is 10MB:

content.transformer.JodConverter.extensions.docx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=10000

Add this property into alfresco-global.properties and increase 10000 to your size. Pay atantion, it will take a transformer resources. So check the global transformation properties, for example timouts, too.

MCGrzig
Member II

Re: Preview of document doesnt work with large files Alfresco 7.2

Ok, I add this line in alfresco-global.properties and now when I try to upload document >1 MB I have the preview of document. How is that possible? Does the parameter even work? I don't understand it

"

content.transformer.JodConverter.extensions.docx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1000
"

image.png