Problems trying to deploy Alfresco Community on GCP

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmd20
Member II

Problems trying to deploy Alfresco Community on GCP

Hello, I am having several problems when trying to deploy Alfresco Community on a GCP cluster.

The guide to deploy Alfresco on EKS creates an AWS EFS storage called "nfs-client":

cat > aws-efs-values.yml <<EOT
storageClasses:
 - mountOptions:
    - tls
    name: nfs-client
    parameters:
      directoryPerms: "700"
      uid: 33000
      gid: 1000
      fileSystemId: fs-SOMEUUID
      provisioningMode: efs-ap
    reclaimPolicy: Retain
    volumeBindingMode: Immediate
EOT
helm repo add aws-efs-csi-driver https://kubernetes-sigs.github.io/aws-efs-csi-driver
helm upgrade aws-efs-csi-driver aws-efs-csi-driver/aws-efs-csi-driver \
 --install \
 --namespace kube-system \
 -f aws-efs-values.yml

Afterwards, when installing Alfresco with Helm, the parameters are added to that driver:

--set alfresco-repository.persistence.enabled=true \
--set alfresco-repository.persistence.storageClass="nfs-client"

Is there any guide to be able to do the same with GCP?

Can Alfresco Community only be deployed with an NFS system? Are there possibilities to install it through a GCP Persistence disk?

My second question is whether Alfresco Community can be installed with an external PostgreSQL database? I have seen that in the documentation to install Alfresco Enterprise some parameters are used to be able to install it with an external database through parameters such as:

--set postgresql.enabled=false \
--set database.external=true \
--set database.driver="org.postgresql.Driver" \
--set database.url="jdbc:postgresql://YOUR-DATABASE-ENDPOINT:5432/" \
--set database.user="alfresco" \
--set database.password="YOUR-DATABASE-PASSWORD"

I have seen that there is a link (Alfresco Community Edition on Google Cloud Platform) to be able where GCP directly installs Alfresco Community on GCP for a monthly fee but I would like to be able to install Alfresco through Helm.

1 Reply
fedorow
Senior Member II

Re: Problems trying to deploy Alfresco Community on GCP

"Is there any guide to be able to do the same with GCP?"

Unfortunately not, or I do not met it yet. You should revision helm deployment to adaptate it to GCP.

"Can Alfresco Community only be deployed with an NFS system? Are there possibilities to install it through a GCP Persistence disk?"

Yes, just create the persistant volumes in GCP Storage and replace the volume declaretions.

"My second question is whether Alfresco Community can be installed with an external PostgreSQL database?"

Yes you can use external server or GCP SQL service. Provide network connection and set proper database.url. In some situation GCP SQL connection must have reverse proxy. It is a small additinal container on the Alfresco repository pod. Read the GCP documentation for details.