cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billydekid
Established Member II

Should I destroy record manually?

Hi,

I just setup RM 2.7.b on Community 5.2 successfully.

I also success applying cutoff time of record and destroy step. These records were also appears on "Records and Record Folders Eligible for Destruction" saved searches filter.

My big question is "Should we destroy these files manually by clicking on each record's Destroy menu?"

Why the destroy step doesn't destroy the record automatically?

Or we have an option or parameter to destroy it manually or automatically when create a retention schedule steps?

Thank you,

[bayu]

2 Replies
cassiebratt
Member II

Re: Should I destroy record manually?

@billydekidMaryKayInTouch wrote:

Hi,

I just setup RM 2.7.b on Community 5.2 successfully.

I also success applying cutoff time of record and destroy step. These records were also appears on "Records and Record Folders Eligible for Destruction" saved searches filter.

My big question is "Should we destroy these files manually by clicking on each record's Destroy menu?"

Why the destroy step doesn't destroy the record automatically?

Or we have an option or parameter to destroy it manually or automatically when create a retention schedule steps?

Thank you,

[bayu]

Hello,

No need to destroy records manually! RM automates destruction based on your schedule. The Eligible for destruction filter likely shows records that haven't reached their cutoff time yet. 

billydekid
Established Member II

Re: Should I destroy record manually?

Hi,

For testing purpose, I set the cutoff 5 mins after created date and destroy 15 mins after created date, but the file is still not deleted.

Below are my retention steps and one of file retention data document:

alf-retsched.jpgalf-box.jpg