The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Note this invitation became known as the 'Nominated Invitation' in later versions of Alfresco.
Inviter Invites Person (Invitee) to Site
Invite invite to site.png
- Inviter sends â€œInvitation to Join Siteâ€ Email to Invitee's Email address
- Inviter (site owner) pre-registers Invitee (with inactive account) if Invitee has not previously been registered.
- Invitee receives â€œInvitation to Join Siteâ€ Email.
Person (Invitee) Accepts Invite to Site
Invite invitee accepts invite to site.png
- Invitee clicks on â€œAcceptâ€ link in â€œInvitation to Join Siteâ€ Email
- â€œAcceptâ€ link invokes the following steps
- If Inviter has already cancelled the invitation, then send an Email to the Invitee notifying him/her that this has happened. Do not follow any more steps.
- Activate Invitee account if account is inactive
- Add Invitee to site (Site service, in turn, posts 'User Joined Site' Activity
- If account has just been activated then send â€œAccount created. You've been added to Siteâ€ Email to Invitee. Otherwise if account was already active then just send â€œYou've been added to Siteâ€ Email.
- Send Email to Inviter to notify him/her that that Invitee has accepted the invitation and been successfully added to the Site.
- (Subject to further discussion) Send â€œJoin Notificationâ€ emails to each Site user who has Join Notifications enabled
Person (Invitee) Rejects Invite to Site
Invite invitee rejects invite to site.png
- Invitee clicks on â€œRejectâ€ link in â€œInvitation to Join Siteâ€ Email
- 'Reject' link invokes deleting his/her registered account account if it is inactive.
- If Inviter has not already cancelled the invitation, then â€œRejectâ€ link invokes sending an Email to Inviter to notify him/her that that Invitee has rejected the invitation.
- Inform the Invitee that his/her rejection of the invitation has been processed.
Inviter cancels Invite to Site
- Inviter cancels invitation (from list of pending sent invites)
- If a invitee's acceptance has already been received, then notify the Inviter that it is too late to cancel the invitation. Do not execute any more steps.
- â€œRetain stateâ€ that the Inviter has cancelled the invitation to the Inviter