The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Note: All returned data will be contained in the standard JSON return structure:
'data' : <resulting JSON data structure goes here>
A group contains the following:
- shortName - The short name of the group. This attribute is mandatory and is the unique identifier for the group.
- fullName - The full name of the group. Calculated on the server from the short name.
- displayName - The groups display name. read/write
- userCount - The number of users that are contained within the group. read Only
- groupCount - The number of groups that are contained within the group. read Only
- isRootGroup - Indicates whether the group is a root group or not. read Only
- authorityType - The authority type. Always set to 'Group' for a group. Mandatory.
- url - Url to the group resource.
For future enhancements (More thought required here)
- isAdminAuthority - Indicates whether this group has admin authority.
- isInternalAuthority - Indicates whether this group is for internal use only.
'shortName' : 'myGroup',
'fullName' : 'GROUP_myGroup',
'displayName' : 'My Group',
'userCount' : 2,
'groupCount' : 3,
'isRootGroup' : true,
'authorityType' : 'Group',
'url' : '/api/groups/myGroup'
Root Groups Collection
The resource to represent the collection all root groups.
List all the root groups:
Create a root group(s):
Resource to represent the collection of all groups.
Search groups by short name.
If a shortNameFilter value is provided only groups that contain the string in their short names will be returned.
Mrogers 11:05, 30 March 2009 (BST) should we allow regex here?
Resource to represent a group.
Get the details of a group:
Update the details of a group:
- displayName can be changed.
Delete a group and all it's dependants:
Resource to represent the child users/groups of a group.
Get a list of the child authorities of a group. This contains both people and groups. The authority type parameter can be used to only return authorities of the given type.
Adds group(s) and user(s) as children of a group. If the provided group does not exist it is created.
Resource to represent a child user/group of a group.
Removes a person or group from a group. The id is either the a user id or a group short name.
Resource to represent the parent groups of this group.
Get a list of the parent groups of this parent.
Modifications Required to Person Service
Add the following values to the Person data:
- authorityType - Indicates the authority type. Always set to 'User' for a person. Mandatory.
- isAdminAuthority - Indicates whether this user has admin authority.
- isInternalAuthority - Indicates whether this user is for internal use only.