Alfresco 5.0.b Community Release
The following note provides information on Alfresco Community 5.0.b release, which is the next community release for Alfresco 5.0. This release will be followed by more 5.0 community releases in coming weeks. This is the first Community release with SOLR4.
Alfresco Community 5.0.b release contains the bug fixes since the Community 4.2.e and 5.0.a release.
See the list of the issues fixed since 4.2.e and the list of the issues fixed since 5.0.a.
Being the first community release with SOLR 4, this has undergone limited testing and care should taken upgrading any previous Alfresco Community version.
Note that Java 1.7 is required for this release.
For download and installation instructions, refer to the Download and Install Alfresco page.
Prerequisites for manual install
- DB: MySQL 5.6 or PostgreSQL 9.3.5
- App Server: Tomcat 7.0.53
- Java Version: 1.7.0 u67
- LibreOffice 4.2.5
The Alfresco supplied Installers will install all you need to run Alfresco on your machine; which includes JDK, Tomcat, SOLR, Share, Google Docs integration, LibreOffice, Sharepoint module etc.
Note: JVM memory now defaults to half system memory, minimum of 2GB.
Note: latest OS patches are always recommended.
Please refer to Alfresco JIRA system known issues in Community 5.0
Public SVN revision number for Alfresco Community 5.0.b is revision 86473 as TAGS/COMMUNITY/V5.0.b
Most of the feature changes in 5.0.b are documented in this blog post by Kevin Roast.
With the release of Enterprise Edition 5.0, we have stopped supporting the Explorer UI and AVM functionality. Therefore we removed this code from Community Edition 5.0.b.
In addition, we removed the following developer platform features:
- The old Java SDK (replaced with the Maven-based SDK in Github)
- The CMIS API endpoints from 3.x and 4.0 (superseded by the CMIS API endpoints in the Public API which have been available since 4.2)
- “CML” SOAP API (superseded by CMIS)
- JCR * JCR-RMI (superseded by CMIS)
- URL Addressability API (superseded by WebScripts)
- Flex SDK (hard to maintain)
- Forms Development Kit (superseded by Aikau)
- Web Framework Samples (out of date)
- KB Sample App (out of date)
- Alfresco Benchmark v1 (superseded by a newer version)
And the following user level platform features:
- Google Docs v1 (superseded by a newer version)
- Records Management v1 (superseded by a newer version)
- Google Gadgets (deprecated by Google)
- Liferay Portlets (superseded in Liferay 6.1 by the Documents and Media portlet that uses CMIS)
- Blog Publishing (hard to maintain because of changing target APIs)
- Social Publishing (hard to maintain because of changing target APIs)
- Lucene (superseded by Solr, documentation on migrating to Solr)
Though included in Alfresco Community Edition 5.0.b, the following features are considered deprecated and will be removed in a future version:
- jBPM (superseded by Activiti)