The official documentation is at: http://docs.alfresco.com
Some users have highlighted usability deficiencies in the
picker interface control as follows:
- It is not obvious that the radio button label is interactive
- availability of the OK button at all times
- number of clicks to navigate up nodes
A comparison test was conducted of two static designs and a lo-fi prototype has been made of the preferred approach showing the proposed improvements to the picker control.
The lo-fi prototype now requires assessment testing.
Assessment test objectives
- Identify usability deficiencies and determine whether the improvements should be made within the current technical constraints or another approach should be discussed and designed with developers.
- User comments on the features of this approach
- Confirm the outcome of the comparison test
- Does the user need to call on a help system
In the space â€˜Interface Designâ€™ you want to create a new space called â€˜lo-fi prototypesâ€™ that will have the same structure as â€˜Interface Sketchesâ€™ but none of its content.
The lo-fi prototype is available here:
The picker would be improved by:
- Inclusion of an icon for each item in the list.
- Inclusion of a Cancel button
- Inclusion of a breadcrumb to improve navigation of the spaces
- Underlining the list item to make it look clickable
- Availability of the OK button only when an item is selected
If you would like to participate in future usability tests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org