We will talk implementation details and demonstrate the desktop integration possibilities with Alfresco's abstract file systems. Others can do FTP and WebDAV, we can also look just like a Windows or NFS share - and that gives a whole new range of options for user interaction.
Scriptable 'virtual' Windows executables can do server-side CMS functions, providing a zero-install solution without relying on the web browser.
We'll show how the CIFS emulation coupled with Alfresco's web virtualization can make working with standard web design applications on a web site an absolute breeze: edit directly and preview instantly.
We'll also open up the details of our Microsoft Office add-in: use CMS features to do all the hardwork and only do minimal Microsoft-specific coding.
Learn from the Author of the book Alfresco Enterprise Content Management Implementation. This 60 minute packed session will take you through the complete cycle of planning, implementing and customizing your ECM installation.
Alfresco offers true Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) - Document Management, Collaboration, Records Management, Knowledge Management, Web Content Management and Imaging. Unlike most other open source CMS which offer only the web content management, Alfresco provides a wide range of solutions to Enterprise customers with an impressive roadmap.
The topics which are going to be covered are:
- Working with users and membership accounts
- Using Alfresco as a Smart document repository; working with automatic version tracking and control, and accessing the repository from the Web, shared network folders, or CIFS
- Making content easy to find using search, content categorization, and metadata
- Automating document management tasks with business rules and complete workflows
- Working together using Alfresco's collaboration and syndication features to create effective working groups
- Customizing the user interface, creating your own dashboard layouts; presenting content in custom ways relevant to your business