cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammark
Member II

Activiti ACT_* Table Merge

Hello all,

I've been tasked with merging data within our webapps databases, including the ACT_* tables between two separate databases.

Has anyone attempted something like this on the ACT_* tables before?

I am currently reading the Activiti user guide to get a better understanding of the data flow between tables during a process.

What concerns me is that there are tables without any referential integrity constraints within the DB, and json objects that hold data that should have referential constraints.  I am aware that resequencing will be required for some fields, which fields in particular that are not apparent just by observing at a database layer. Any guidance would be appreciated Smiley Happy.

4 Replies
gkorman125
Customer

Re: Activiti ACT_* Table Merge

Any chance you ever found a way to do this?  I'm in a simular situation trying to merge two databases.  One that is a restoration of a lost database, and the other is the work done in the meantime.

Thank you.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @gkorman125 

Have you raised a support ticket?

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
gkorman125
Customer

We have not. Time is short, since this for a customer and in production. I know the database structure, and I will have to do SQL scripts based on the specific data. The order of table population is enforced by the foreign key constraints, so I think I'm in good shape. I was only hoping for a tested method.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @gkorman125 

Back up, back up, & then back up the database some more Smiley Happy Good luck.

Cheers, 

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!