How to reestablish signals in in flight workflows after deployment version upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iblanco
Active Member II

How to reestablish signals in in flight workflows after deployment version upgrade

AFAIK when I deploy a new version of a workflow definition the signals that were attached to previous "in flight" workflows and are using the older version are "disconnected".

To be honest when I discovered that I was quite puzzled. In one of our workflows the signaling is an essential way of communication between differente processes and losing their ability to listen for the events makes some of thew workflows "stalled".

So, my question is, can those signals be reestablished somehow ?  Does Activiti API allow us to reconnect them programatically or something like that?

I guess that having to deploy new versions of definitions that use signals is not such a strange use case, isn't it? So what is the best practice regarding the signals during those migrations? Enforcing the users to end "in flight" workflows before migrating? Reestablishing the signals manually after migration?

Thanks