Interrogation sur la modification via Google Docs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evamed

Re: Interrogation sur la modification via Google Docs

If I understand correctly, I need to connect the SSL connection to the GED server: 

Configuring SSL for a test environment | Alfresco Documentation 

So for those who use Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, 2011 or 2010, we have to make different configurations? Do you know if the 2016 work ?

Then I have to configure Alfresco Office services:

Setting up Alfresco Office Services using a non-SSL connection | Alfresco Documentation 
Did I summarize well?

It is complicated as a method for users who do not know much and who do not want to bother.

For those who are on Mac, there are still different things? I did not find any instructions either. it exists ?

cesarista
Customer

Hi,

That is not correct, you don't have to do both things:

•  The first link is for providing a secured communication between Alfresco and SOLR. This is other thing. You only need a secured Apache frontend that would be the entry point for your organization, for proxy-ing to current Alfresco server. With this, your client machines won't need to change Windows registry. This will be valid for MacOSX users too.
  •  The second link is ONLY for the cases when Alfresco server is not secured. And you are right, final users do have to know about Windows registry or have permission to edit it. Even the case, it is somehow complicated and it depends on your Windows OS. About the versions covered for MS-Office, I can not confirm you the exact stack. But check this link:

Prerequisites for using Alfresco Office Services | Alfresco Documentation 

Try that your MS-Office version works and pray for a non prolifaration of MS-Office versions in your organization. 

Regards.

--C.

cesarista
Customer

Anyway if you have different questions, about Libreoffice, MS-Office or Googledocs online edition addons, it is better that you create separate threads in the future, for a better understanding for other community users.

Regards.

--C.