Did you mean: 
sakshik
Established Member

Bring aspects in uploader plus form

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have installed Uploader Plus

I have my custom metadata in the form of aspects:

I need to bring this up in uploader plus Allowed types which only shows up models and not aspects:

Is there a way metadata from my aspect can come in the uploader form of  uploader plus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Bring aspects in uploader plus form

Jump to solution

I believe I have just figured out what your problem is.

In your model, and in the screenshot with the document already set as the custom type, the name of the type is icfdoc:metadata, but in the screenshot showing the browser developer tools error, the type has a typo, it is like icfdoc:metdata.

So, in order to fix that, what you have to do is to fix the share-config-custom.xml, in the following section:

<types>
    <type name="cm:content">
        <subtype name="icfdoc:metdata" />
    </type>
</types>‍‍‍‍‍‍

Check that and tell us if that did the trick.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

As a walkaround, you can define a custom type that include the corresponding aspect as mandatory.

Regards.

--C.

sakshik
Established Member

Re: Bring aspects  in uploader plus form

Jump to solution

are you suggesting to create  model using Model Manager.?

I created a new model abc:model1 through Model Manger in Admin tools. Inside that I created Aspect and selected my aspect which has the metadata that I want. Dragged metadata one by one in Layout designer of the Aspect. This model showed up in Allowed Types of Uploader Plus. But my metadata didn't show up as expected.

sakshik
Established Member

Jump to solution

‌ Let me know if I am missing something or if you were suggesting something else

subham
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Sakshi Kochhar‌,

Allowed Types only shows the type so you need to create custom type instead of aspect in a model.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

In that case, it is preferable doing it via bootstrap, where you can define different forms for Share view. Probably if you export the content model created in model manager, you only can see one of the forms. Check the following link:

Working with custom content types · softwareloop/uploader-plus Wiki · GitHub 

Regards.

--C.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Using Model Manager you won't be able to define aspects as mandatory for the custom type.

For that, follow ‌'s recommendation and define your model using xml.

sakshik
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi

I followed the link you mentioned to create custom types, The metadata shows up in the uploader form correctly but when I do Change Type for a document and select my custom type,

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

Please, provide the corresponding alfresco and share logs for futher details.

Regards.

--C.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

The Change Type action has nothing to do with Uploader Plus.

You have to understand you can not change type freely. There are rules that are enforced by Alfresco, like, once you change from cm:content to your, lets say, custom:type, there is no way to change back to the original type.

Another one is that you can not change types between sibling types. The only way you can go is from parent to child.

I imagine, by the thread contenxt, that you uploaded a document, using Uploader Plus to set the type, and then you are trying to use the Change Type action to do another change.

If that is the case, my previous explanation would explain why it is not working.

I hope that is clear enough.